Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bacon wrapped chicken. Yes.

Bacon-wrapped-anything, really.  There are very few things (I think) that could be wrapped in bacon that I would not eat.  I'll just let your fun little imagination run wild with that for a minute.

Good?

Okay, so now, the good stuff.  Robert had to work late last night and I had a late lunch, so I didn't think much about dinner until I got hungry, then I wanted something delicious and fast!  I popped on over to pinterest (duh) and found this gem of a recipe:

Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Brown Sugar (the creator of this recipe calls it "sweet and spicy bacon chicken" but I didn't get the spicy...it was mainly sweet and tangy...glorious...)


And yes, it tastes just a delicious as it sounds.  The brown sugar caramelizes and gives the bacon a flavorful crunch, and the chicken has wonderful flavor from the spices it's rolled in before covered in bacon.  I will note that I added cumin to my chicken spices (in addition to garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper).  Not to mention there wasn't any measuring involved, just put on what you think sounds good.

Check out the recipe - I don't want to take credit for it, so roll on over to Full Bellies, Happy Kids for the recipe.  It's fantastic.

Today's lunch called for a downtown Christopher's visit, so I skipped the lunch-time Monument Avenue run, but I plan on running after work!  Aiming for 3 miles, possibly a bit more, if I'm feeling adventurous :)

No comments:

Post a Comment