Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Healthy Fried Pickles

I know - impossible to fry something and it stay healthy - right?  Nope!  I had been browsing around for something to make for lunch yesterday and I kept seeing fried pickles.  I love fried pickles. I decided there had to be a way to make them while still keeping in the low carb regimen.  I figured it out!

Ingredients:
~15 dill pickle chips
2 tbsp almond flour
2 tbsp Panko bread crumbs
1 egg
1/2 tsp cayenne
Salt & pepper 
1-2 tbsp oil for frying (I use coconut oil - 1 tbsp = 0 carbs)



Directions:
In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients (Panko, Almond flour, cayenne, salt & pepper [to taste])


Strain out your pickle chips


Over medium to medium-high heat, heat up your oil for frying


Beat the egg in another small bowl


Dredge your pickles in the egg, then dunk in the dry mixture, sure to coat both sides evenly


I didn't get a clear picture of the frying process, but place the pickles in the oil and fry for about 3 minutes on each side.  I had to turn my heat down halfway through because they were browning pretty quickly.
After frying, place on a paper towel to soak up any excess oil.


Serve them warm with a side of ranch!  I had them as a side for lunch with tuna salad and cottage cheese.  SO good!





Ingredients:

~15 dill pickle chips
2 tbsp almond flour
2 tbsp Panko bread crumbs
1 egg
1/2 tsp cayenne
Salt & pepper 
1-2 tbsp oil for frying


Directions:
1. In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients (Panko, Almond flour, cayenne, salt & pepper [to taste])
2. In another small bowl, beat the egg
3. Heat the oil over medium to medium-high heat
4. Drain the pickles
5. Dredge the pickles in the egg mix, then coat both sides with the dry mixture
6. Fry on both sides for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown
7. Serve warm with a side of ranch!

Nutrition Information:

No comments:

Post a Comment