Monday, May 14, 2012

Jog Log & the weekend

I was a bum this weekend.

My sister and her hubs came down from DC to pick up their pup, Bacchus, who we watched for 2 weeks while they gallivanted around Europe.  Here's Robert entertaining all 3 of them - doesn't he look miserable? ;)


They were so kind as to provide us with dinner, including steaks, twice baked potatoes, corn on the cob and salad.  All of which was eaten outside on the deck. It was a glorious 'picnic'.

Saturday was Brandon's birthday, so we had biscuits and sausage gravy and bacon for breakfast.  I think I went into food overload/food coma after that because everything else is a blur :)

Saturday afternoon we went out to New Kent for a wine festival with some wonderful friends, then cooked out at their place (they let us bring the pups too, so we could hang out longer!) and we ate, drank and walked (yes, I felt so guilty about my crap food consumption that somehow an agreed-upon 20 minute walk turned into an amazing 1.5  hour walk - it was great!!)

Sunday, we had a football game (we won!) and I did what I could to spend the rest of the day yesterday not eating.

Today at lunch, instead of the usual run around Scott's Addition (where I work), I hopped in the car and drove a few minutes down to Monument Avenue and did 2.75 there - SO much nicer than running around an industrial park :)  I'll be doing that much more often.  It took longer than I wanted (32 minutes), but I had to stop at several stop lights (and apparently there are a lot of Richmonders who don't pay attention to walk signs - I nearly got hit twice), so I guess it might have been a bit less than 31 minutes.

The goals this week are to run 3 more times and go to body bump at least once. If not twice. And maybe yoga.


No comments:

Post a Comment