Monday, November 28, 2011

Brief Hiatus

It's been about 2 weeks since the last post, but I promise there are some good ones coming your way!  After a 9 day vacation, the first half spent in Roanoke and cheering on the Hokies in Blacksburg, and the second half in Charleston, South Carolina spending Thanksgiving with the family, we are finally home and trying to settle into the regular routine.

It's tough going on vacation, minding what you put in your body and keeping up with your exercise regimen, and sometimes it doesn't go as planned.  The first 6 days were great - I watched what I ate and ran/walked/conditioned for a little bit each day.  The last 3 weren't so great. The first of which was Thanksgiving, and although I went on a walk in the morning, I destroyed any efforts I'd made earlier by eating a Thanksgiving dinner.  I had smaller portion sizes, but there was no carb counting on Thanksgiving day. Which unfortunately trailed into the day after Thanksgiving.  Then the next day was a 7 hour drive.  So I'm not thrilled with my will power while away, but I am happy to be back and getting back into healthy eating, far less alcohol and more exercise.

Which reminds me, it's time to hit the gym - if only it didn't take me until 2:30 in the afternoon to actually get off my butt and go...

No comments:

Post a Comment